Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Rubber Duckie Care and Feeding

Post subject: Sharpie trouble!
 Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
New duck in the pond

Size of Rubber Duck Collection: 2
Help! I got sharpie all over my brand new duck! what do i do?? how do i get it off?!? I'm so Worried!i don't have enough money to buy a new one! Besides I've always wanted a ducky and i just got this one today! first one i got wasn't really a RUBBER ducky it was more like a PLASTIC ducky! I'm only 11. So basically my first rubber ducky ,the first day I got it was ruined!Help me please! I'm beging you please! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: Sharpie trouble!
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Size of Rubber Duck Collection: 110
Oh no! Ok, don't panic. The first thing to remember is that rubber ducks are a care-free lot. They're not too worried about a little sharpie-decoration here and there. Perhaps you could go for it and keep on decorating? Sharpie makes other colors (fun!) so you could really decorate your duck in some great ways!

But, from my experience with Sharpies, you might be out of luck trying to get it off without damaging your duck. The problem is that the solvents that take sharpie off can often attack the plastic. If it was me, I would try isopropyl alcohol first. You can find it at grocery stores as "rubbing alcohol". Try it by putting some on a towel and rubbing at the duck. It probably won't damage the rubber duck but go slowly and watch.

If the isopropyl alcohol doesn't work, you can try acetone. That's much more likely to get the sharpie off but it also very likely to damage the duck as well. If you try acetone, get your parents help, and go very very slowly with it. Don't put a lot on the duck and perhaps try on the bottom of the duck first to check if the plastic is going to dissolve.

Remember, don't panic! Your duck is going to be happy no matter what. =)

Post subject: Re: Sharpie trouble!
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 pm 
Starting to squeak around!

Size of Rubber Duck Collection: 70
I purposely color on some of my ducks. When I get a duck I already have, I can't bear to just chuck it, so I give it a makeover. :D

Board index » Rubber Duckie Care and Feeding